How to find out if schools are open:
- Call our hotline, which will be updated with weather delay or closure information: English 541-323-SNOW (541-323-7669); Spanish 541-355-0044.
- Sign up for BLSConnect, an emergency alert text messaging system. Register at http://connect.bend.k12.or.us
- Check our website www.bend.k12.or.us
- Like Bend-La Pine Schools on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BendLaPineSchools
- Follow us on Twitter @BLPSchools
- Tune it to local media.
How the decision is made:
Typically, decisions regarding schedule changes are made in the early morning, before school, when current weather conditions can be assessed. We believe students and families are best served when we are open. Our main concern is the safety of our students and staff. Once a decision has been made, it will be communicated as quickly as possible.
What does the information mean?
School Closure: When schools are closed for the day due to weather or emergency, the school building will not be used. Unless otherwise noted, all evening meetings and activities are cancelled.
Two-Hour Delay: School will start two hours late. Buses will drive slowly, adjusting to conditions and may be delayed.
10-minute Early Release: Middle and High School students can be released 10 minutes early in order to give the buses extra time to complete routes. In this case, elementary students are released at the regular time.